|Words can not describe how important this is to our health! I know some of you say water is boring and tasteless besides I'm getting some every time I drink my pop or coffee or juice. I was just like you until recently.|
I knew that coffee and pop took as must water out of my system as it put in but still I figured I'm not dead yet so I must be doing something right. Turns out I was wrong.
A lot of studies show that we live in a constant state of dehydration because of that thinking.
Our bodies use water to keep our body healthy and mobile and keep our brains thinking. Sounds incredible but it's true! Second only to air it is the most precious thing you can put into your body on a daily basis to live.
Thyme is Honey where I got the image has a lot of information about making water part of your daily life and I'd like to share some of her tips here.
1) Start small. She has a handy chart here that can help you increase your water intake in just four days.
2) Set a morning goal, ie I will drink 24oz tumbler of water before I have my morning coffee.
3) Add drinking water to your daily todo list. The one you actually do.
4) Instead of pop or coffee drink water with your meals. This will aid digestion and curb heartburn
5) Remember how much you have drank can be difficult so track it somewhere
6) Have to have a glass of wine or a pop during the evening? Don't allow yourself to unless you drink a glass of water for each other beverage you drink. Helps prevent hangovers too.
7) Try some of these flavoured waters to make it a little less boring.
8) Trick yourself. If you are having a hard time kicking the pop habit switch to Sparkling water you get the carbon hit & the water you need.
9) Make iced tea, the herbal tea's from David's Tea is great for this, as a treat.
Remember we are made mostly of water so take care to keep your body and mind hydrated.