Be a Kid Again
There are so many things you can do to celebrate the day. You can do things you remember doing as a kid, or do things you wanted to do when you were younger, but never took the time or got the chance to do. Here are some ideas:
- Eat ice cream for a meal. It happens to be National Ice Cream Sundae Day today as well, so it’s perfect! You might as well be like a kid and chase down an ice cream truck to get your ice cream.
- There are many other foods to eat that can make you be like a kid again. Have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a grilled cheese sandwich, macaroni and cheese, fruits snacks, or cotton candy.
- Take yourself to a kid’s themed restaurant such as Chuck E. Cheese’s. It was founded by the same person who founded Atari, as a way to expand video arcades to kids. You could spend the rest of your day playing video games anyway, it happens to be Video Game Day as well.
- As much fun as it would be to jump in a big pile of leaves after raking, it’s summer so that’s probably not an option. Instead, find something to do with water outside to cool off. Run through a sprinkler, go swimming and do a cannonball, go on a Slip N Slide, or have a Super Soaker or water balloon fight.
- Speaking of balloons, you can be like a kid by inhaling some helium and talking in a weird voice.
- Watch movies or TV shows all day, especially ones you loved as a kid. A good one to watch may be Home Alone.
- Color or draw.
- Make faces at strangers.
- Get your friends together and have foot races. Or you could get to your destinations for the day by skipping, or riding a scooter or skateboard. Don’t forget to pet every dog you see while you are on your way.
- Sing and dance for no reason.
- Blow bubbles or go bumper bowling.
- Wear wacky clothing and jump rope.
- Play truth or dare.
- Whenever you you are given an answer, ask “Why?”
- One of the best things to do may be to actually hang out with a kid all day and copy what they do.