- 4-6 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cups white rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- parsley, minced for garnish (optional)
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the cast-iron skillet on high heat.
- Season your chicken to taste with Kosher salt and black pepper.
Add the chicken, skin side down and cook until browned, 4-5 minutes.
Flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Push the chicken to the side (or onto a plate).
- Add the olive oil to your cast iron skillet and heat on medium-high.
Add in the onions and start to cook for 3-4 minutes.
Once the onions are mostly melted add in the lemon zest and garlic cloves. Cook for 30 seconds while stirring.
Add in the uncooked rice and cook for a minute.
Pour in the chicken stock and lemon juice, add in the oregano and put the chicken back in skin side up.
Bake covered with foil for 45-50 minutes.
Serve with additional lemons on the side in case people want more lemon flavour.
- Other Apps