Laughter yoga helps you to concentrate on the funny side of life. Laughter Yoga was started by Dr Madan Kataria in 1995. It combines gentle yoga breathing (Pranayama), stretching, and laughter. The set of instructions below has some movements that seem difficult but move how you want the main thing is to keep laughing.
1. We lie on the back and relax. What is the joke of your life today? Because God has a sense of humor, he gives every person at least one joke per day. You just have to recognize it. If you can’t think of a joke, then laugh without reason. Laugh as you feel. You can say the mantra “ ha ha ha” or “ho, ho, ho” or “hee hee hee”. Every mantra is different and comes from a different part of the body. If you are feeling angry or sad, then you can also cry during laugh Yoga. In that case, the mantra “hoo hoo hoo” is appropriate. If you are angry, think “rage, rage, rage”. If you are angry with your ex-boyfriend, then you can yell “stupid man!” If you already feel like laughing, then you are ready for laugh Yoga.
2. We lift the right leg that is stretched out and hold it in the air and then laugh. Then we lift the left leg and laugh. Which mantra is helpful for you?
3. We lift both of the legs and the head. We hold the position and laugh as long as possible.
4. We do a shoulder stand, lift the butt and stretch the legs out to the sky. The hands support the back. We move our feet slightly and laugh. It is good to laugh at the sky.
5. We lay down again and turn the spine several times. We move the pelvis to the right and the head to the left, and then the reverse. We move the spine as far as possible. We laugh to the left and to the right side. We laugh at all beings on the left and the right side.
6. We lay on the stomach and lift the right leg. We hold it and then laugh. Then we lift up the left leg, hold it in the air and then laugh.
7. The head is tipped back and we bring the feet as far as possible toward the back of the head. The upper thighs are in the air and the hands support the position next to the body. More advanced Yogis do the Cobra pose as shown in the photo. We laugh at the same time because it is great. We hold the Cobra pose, laugh and move the feet.
8. We lay our head on our hands, move our feet and laugh at the earth.
9. We sit Indian style, on the ankles or on a chair. The back is straight. The hands lay on the belly. We laugh from the belly for a moment. Now is a good time to find something funny. In an emergency, you can laugh about me. That always works. Then we move our hand into a
blessing, send the laughter to the entire world and think: “ may all beings be happy. May there be a happy world.”
10. We lay down in a comfortable position. Then we tense the muscles of the legs and the feet. Then we relax. Then we tense up the muscles of the arms and the hands. Then we relax. We tense up the muscles of the head and face. Then we relax. We tense up the muscles of the entire body. We relax. We move the feet. We think the mantra “om” three times.
Horn, Nils. Laughter Yoga:: Exercises, Jokes and Spiritual Stories . BookRix. Kindle Edition.